Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Starting a family with student loans to pay if hard!!

I went to two schools to get my Bachelors, one was a private college and the other was a state school. I had student loans from both schools. Once I graduated I didn’t find a job right way and I deferred my loans and didn’t think about them.  About two years later I found a teaching job and started to repay my student loans until I decided to go back to school online with a for profit education institution and the tuition was much high than a non-profit school college.  I went on and got my masters and started on my PhD.  I went all the way to my dissertation.  Now my student loans are over $100,000 and I am just starting out with a family I got married 2 years ago and a baby is on the way. I was contacted last week by Sally-Mae and I was told that they had lost me mailing address and they had been trying to contact me. I don’t know what to do with having a $100,000 education loan. I don’t know how I am going to pay a $100,000 loan off with all of my family debt. I need help with trying to pay back that kind of money.

- Barbara Strokes, Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment